Movies, music, games, books, television, and more.

My opinions, jaded completely by my feelings, experiences, beliefs, and how I'm feeling at the time.

*SPOILERS* I will usually include a section at the end that may contain spoilers. If you don't want to know, don't read that part.

My opinion is not yours, nor should yours be mine. If you want to know for yourself, do for yourself. If you disagree, that's fine - you can make one of these for yourself for free.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's Next?

For everyone that has ever followed the genealogy of gaming, I believe we're all asking the same question. What is next? I think the majority of us can agree that the XBOX 360 is leading the new revolution of gaming with the new XBOX Slim and the Kinect. However, these are not perfect, but very close. With the every now and then server issue and needed update. You can pretty much guarantee a smooth and enjoying environment. (except for the random 10 year old who needs a good slap)

XBOX Live has united the gaming community in a way that was only imagined by older systems. You can instantly connect and play with people on the other side of the world. It has been a savior for some soldiers away from home. Gaming use to be lonely entertainment, unless you had a few friends or a siblings, shout out to big bro Xann Black. Now as long as you don't act like an idiot you could make hundreds of friends. What I am looking forward to next is an increase in the friends list. Currently you are only allowed 99 friends on your friends list. I would not mind seeing it increased to 200.

As far as gaming I would like to see a step forward in virtual reality. A head set that you actually wear so that you actually have to look around for enemies and objectives. The only problem i see with this would be the dangers of eye damage from prolonged exposure.

I agree with Xann Black, that Microsoft will most likely be the first to make the next move in which ever direction they choose. Here's to the future.

No comments: